Tuesday, April 8, 2008

trip prep continues

Among the many things I have yet to do before I leave the peninsula is visit the local branch of the Seoul Immigration Office to obtain a bija yeon-jang, a.k.a. a visa extension. My employment contract's ending date is the 24th of this month but my plane ticket is for the 27th, thus requiring a three-day extension.

I'm about to take off and get that now. Vish mee laaaahk.



UPDATE: You obviously didn't wish me luck. It turns out that the local branch of the Immigration Office no longer services residents of my part of town, which means I need to take a cross-town trip to the main branch. Not gonna happen in rush-hour traffic, I fear, so I might save this trip for Friday. There's no rush: in principle, I have all the way until the day before my contract expires to get this taken care of.


_

4 comments:

Stafford said...

You realise you can do it online...? visit www.g4f.go.kr and hit up the e-application link. I think for the 14 day extension it's free.

Unknown said...

If the on-line doesn't work, if you still need me to store your books, I could pick up your books and give you a ride after work one day. I live about a 10-minute walk from the Seoul Immigration office.

What time do you finish teaching?

Kevin Kim said...

Joe,

Will definitely need the book storage, and indeed, if the online application process doesn't work, I'll appreciate that ride to Mokdong.

FYI, my classes finish at 2:30PM, Mon-Thu. On Friday, I have one class from 11AM to noon. How does that match with your schedule?



Kevin

Kevin Kim said...

Stafford,

I just visited the site. It costs W30,000 and takes up to 14 days for e-processing, so I'd rather just mosey on down to the office and do it directly.


Kevin