Thursday, November 13, 2008

Craigslist freaks

Craigslist has proven to be a decent place to advertise, but it's also a haven for freaks. I've been contacted by two.

The first freak contacted me after I'd posted an omnibus tutoring ad. He asked me to help him cheat on a take-home math midterm by doing the midterm for him. The second freak, who emailed me yesterday, was responding to an ad about voiceover work. This guy, also a Kevin, wanted me to help him deceive his boss somehow, I guess by impersonating Kevin on the phone.

I sent a long and moralizing message back to the first guy, who probably went and found some other person to cheat on the test for him. I haven't uttered a peep to the second guy, whose email gave off a sinister vibe.

Life lesson: use Craigslist with caution.

[NB: Craigslist anonymizes email addresses, so the people who write me can't know my true email address unless I reply to them. I felt safe doing this with the first freak.]


_

No comments: