Tuesday, August 19, 2008

to the rescue!

My folks will be expediting me a new tent, and I'll be sitting tight at this motel again until the tent arrives and, we hope, the knee improves. The lady who runs the motel suggested that I hit the medical center next door; she said that the lady who runs the center charges according to one's means. As I'm currently unemployed, this might mean my visit will be very cheap. "She doesn't have an X-ray or anything," the motel manager told me, "but she's really good at what she does."

So I'll be visiting the center in the morning, and my tent ought to arrive on Wednesday. Apologies to CouchSurfer Amanda in Umatilla, who might be forgiven for giving up on me, but who has shown a great deal of patience and forbearance as my projected arrival date keeps changing.


_

1 comment:

Omandazzzler said...

It's all good. Get here when you can. Even my husband's mother wants to meet you now, so you may have to rest here for a couple of days.