Wednesday, September 3, 2008

via dolorosa

Tuesday was a symphony of pain. It's funny: I managed 24-point-something miles to walk from Mile 312 on Route 12 to the Comfort Inn, and had done a twenty-mile day just before that... but apparently, if you put me up in a nice, comfortable hotel for a few days, my knee becomes a nova of agony.*

My limp into downtown should have been filmed; I was actually chuckling at my own gimpy shadow at one point. I walked less than two miles into town, spent an hour on the computer at the public library, and found a motel to which I'll be shifting my base of operations. Many thanks to the hotel manager, Adam, and to the front desk clerk, Suzanne, for charging me a cheap rate despite the downtown location.

So for those who are tracking this sort of thing on Google Maps: I've reserved a room at the Walla Walla Vineyard Inn at 325 East Main Street. The reservation is for a week, and might be extended to two weeks. At $55/night, the price is hard to beat. Here's hoping tomorrow's short trudge into town goes more smoothly than today's excruciating foray.





*The staff at the Comfort Inn has been great. I just wish I was paying less than $107/night (before tax) to be here.


_

1 comment:

Omandazzzler said...

From Genevieve:

Hi Amanda!

I think that *might* be OK, I think we might have
another surfer coming our way, but right now I'm not
sure. If Kevin is desperate, we'd be happy to put him
up for a night. Be warned though, we are pretty devout
atheists, and my husband might just not sleep if there
is actually someone in the house trying to prove that
there is a god :)

You can give him my number: 360-223-5279