Wednesday, October 22, 2008

apologies and a retraction

I got word from my brother David that one of his friends from the club-- you'll recall that two of them very kindly attended Sean's chamber concert-- didn't take kindly to my joking use of the term "David's groupies" to describe her and her friend.

By way of explanation: I'm pretty sure (though I may have misheard) that one of the friends had jokingly used this phrase, which is why I ran with it. Had I known it would cause enough discomfort to warrant a complaint, I would never have continued using the phrase.

So, to Lorraine: my most humble and abject apologies. From now on, I will either use your actual name or a term like "friend" or "acquaintance" or "regular." Whichever you prefer.


_
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Preppin'