Friday, October 24, 2008

dude... any more transcripts on the way?

I apologize for not having put up any more transcripts of the dialogues I've engaged in, for not having finished the "irreligious religiosity" discussion, and for not having addressed any of several issues that have arisen since that post was written. Things have been extremely busy around here; as you know, we're operating with no kitchen except the makeshift one outside (which might be blown to smithereens by tomorrow evening; they're predicting rain plus gusts of up to 25mph); we have only one bathroom, and there's only one functioning bedroom. At this point, the house sports only two kinds of rooms: those that are completely empty to allow the crew to do their drywalling, and those that are completely full of boxes. The parents have their bedroom; I'll be in my tent tonight as on most other nights. It's about the only place where I can kick back and truly relax.

While the renovation's been exciting, it's also been frustrating. I haven't had the time (or energy) to sit down and write the curriculum proposal I had promised to my French student. I probably won't get to it tonight, but will try to do it tomorrow. I would also like to get back to walking long distances, even though my knee isn't 100% better. But we as a family are up at 6:30AM; the renovation crew arrives around 8 or 8:30AM, and they stay until about 7PM or even later, depending on what they hear about traffic conditions. I don't begrudge them their waiting time, but it means that our family doesn't start dinner prep until around 7PM, and we're not eating until around 7:45 or 8PM, after which we're too tired to do much else.

So that's why there have been no new transcripts or "meatier" posts. Take what religion you can from my chronicles of the mundane, and stay strong: more material will appear eventually.


_

No comments: