Tuesday, November 4, 2008

congratulations, Mr. Obama!

Can I call him "Mr. President" now, or do we have to wait until January 20?

In the end, I voted for neither McCain nor Obama; I did, however, follow the dictates of my conscience by putting down the names of the people I did want to see as president and vice president.

I knew Obama was going to win, and I don't begrudge him his victory. Instead, I look forward to an immediate spike in the stock market as most of the world rejoices, a long period of conservative/GOP retrenchment, and a happy start to a new presidency. What happens after the honeymoon period is, of course, anyone's guess. For the moment, though, my hat is off to Mr. Obama, who's just been through a tough run, and who is about to enter a job that physically ages a person like no other job around. Good luck, sir. You're our real-life David Palmer.


_

4 comments:

jeanie oliver said...

who did you want to have the office-curiosity abounds
Jeanie

Kevin Kim said...

Alas! My vote will not be publicly revealed!

Did you vote for the Big O? No need to answer if you don't want to; one's attitude toward the Big O is something of a private matter.


Kevin

jeanie oliver said...

I am one of 10 people in Arkansas who voted for Obama!
Jeanie

Mark Tueting said...

Kevin,

Thanks for the vote!