Saturday, January 3, 2009

entropy

My BlackBerry's battery is dying. It runs out of charge noticeably faster than it used to. Luckily, I've got a second battery lying among my gear somewhere, so we're good.

I've been outside in the back yard today, picking up masses of dead leaves and branches left over from the wind we had a few days ago; the leaves were clogging our basement stairwell. I was also folding up tarps and disassembling the kitchen tent, but I wasn't able to finish the latter task before it got too dark to keep working. I have another two or three tarps to fold up, though, before I can call it a day: it's supposed to rain a bit starting tomorrow morning, so the tarps need to be bundled up and brought inside.


_

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for future reference, your Blackberry's battery is lithium-ion, which means that you should charge it often--in other words, don't let it run down completely before charging it.

Just in case you didn't know. You can find more tips for lithium-ion batteries at Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-ion_battery#Guidelines_for_prolonging_Li-ion_battery_life

Kevin Kim said...

Interesting. Thanks.


Kevin