Wednesday, October 22, 2008

lunch break... sort of

I dropped the 'rents off at the local Home Depot (for those non-Yanks who aren't familiar with it, Home Depot is a large chain of hardware stores), then zoomed over to Burger King with my folks' cash to buy lunch for the workers. I'm at home now, not eating, and waiting for the parents to call and ask for a ride back home.

Made an interesting lunchtime discovery the other day: Pillsbury chocolate cake icing goes extremely well with smooth peanut butter. Better than a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Am pondering whether to go down and grab a spoonful of that gloriously gooey alloy right this second.


_

7 comments:

ClearlyEnlight, said...

Sounds like America, Home Depot and all.

Kevin Kim said...

Indeed.


K

Omandazzzler said...

PB and marshmallow spread sandwiches are the best...

Anonymous said...

Where is the Burger King? I am Jonesing for a whopper.

Brad

Kevin Kim said...

Brad,

The Burger King is on Route 1. Drive south past the main entrances to Fort Belvoir, and it'll be on the right side, a little bit before Beulah/Backlick Road (the Google map shows it as Beulah Road meeting Route 1/Richmond Hwy, with Beulah turning into Backlick, and Beulah STREET branching off from Backlick).

That same intersection has yet another entrance to Fort Belvoir on the left side; on the right side of the intersection, across from Beulah/Backlick, is a gas station.

Amanda,

PB and marshmallow spread sure sounds better than the PB and mayonnaise sandwiches my dad used to eat as a kid. Nayyyyysty.

Enlight,

It occurs to me that there's a positive here, despite the negative of all the fast food: I now spend much of my time speaking not just English, but also Korean and Spanish. How much more American can you get than that, eh? Heh.


Kevin

Anonymous said...

Okay, I drive past all the times, but I guess it is never on my radar.

Party Pooper said...

Ate 2 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups a day last summer when I visited the States. Couldn't get enough of it.

So, it appears that your Walk Across America to Raise Awareness of Dokdo has come to an end now. When are you coming back to Korea?