Thursday, October 2, 2008

"Religulous"... to see or not to see?

I've been wondering whether to see Bill Maher's "Religulous." I used to like Maher a lot back in his "Politically Incorrect" days, but a few episodes of "Real Time" on HBO, seen while I was at various motels, were enough to turn me off to the smug, self-satisfied bunghole he's become.

Here's an interesting review of "Religulous," and a fairly negative one, at that. I might still go and see it, though; "Curiosity killed the kitty," as one of my French teachers used to say.

Am also wanting to see... this.


_

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Kevin,I agree with you. I think Bill has de-volved. I uused to think he was quick and witty; now i think he is arrogant and so damn self righteous. If Isee him, I turn the channel!

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie the weekend it came out. It was in true Maher style; however, I found it well thought out, and if anything, respectful at the approach he had. And though I am a skeptic, I'm not to his degree of disbelief or lack of belief. But came away from it all with the overall vibe of, "What is faith? How do we know for sure what it is...?"

The pregnant pauses were some of the funniest parts of the movie.