Monday, April 6, 2009

Elisson on Watchmen and "Watchmen"

Elisson came to Alan Moore's Watchmen late in the game, reading the graphic novel only recently, then going out to see Zack Snyder's "Watchmen" in an empty theater. Elisson's review of the print and filmic experiences makes for a good read; see here. What makes his perspective unique is that, having given himself so little time between acquainting himself with the graphic novel and seeing the movie based on it, he hasn't had time to build up a raft of fanboy expectations.

I still have yet to see the movie. It pains me that I've missed "Doubt" (already on DVD!) and "Gran Torino," and will likely miss "Watchmen" as well before I restart the walk.

Oh, yes: I got paid and now have an official start date: April 19.


_

1 comment:

Elisson said...

There will be movie theatres where you're walking, yes? Maybe when your feet hurt, you can take a break and catch this extraordinary Filmic Entertainment.

You're right about those Fanboy Expectations. Even over the course fo days - not years - I was able to develop more than a few...