Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I carved four of the five pumpkins, but Dad had the honor of carving the one representing Mom. As I told my buddy Charles, Dad captured something about Mom that I would never have been able to capture.




The two large pumpkins represent the parents. I tried to capture some of Dad's wackiness; Dad captured Mom's grace and humor. It was up to me to carve the three small pumpkins, which represent us three brothers: David, the middle brother, is off to the side and laughing while I chew into Sean's head. It's Halloween, you see, and pumpkins tend to act strangely on that day.





_

2 comments:

Jelly said...

They're really great, Kev. So are you. Happy belated Halloween. Did you get any trick-or-treaters at your house?

Kevin Kim said...

J,

We ended up with only a few clusters of kids coming over-- nothing like the rush we had expected. The evening was uncharacteristically humid and rainy, which likely cut down on the merry-making (much to the adult chaperones' delight, I'm sure).


Kevin