Monday, May 26, 2008

Safe in O'Hairy

It was a perfect morning for my departure, and I was lucky enough to get an aisle seat with no one else in my row (David, it was a 737-300). The landing at O'Hare went smoothly, and my connecting flight to Vancouver is in three hours. After all the hurrying of the past week, I suddenly find myself relaxed and with nothing to do...except try to master the art of guiding my massive thumbs over this tiny (albeit sexy) BlackBerry keyboard.

Parting from the folks was sweet sorrow today. Mom worries that I'm going to be torn apart by mountain-dwelling werewolves or something. While I take her maternal concern seriously, I also know that one of the overarching themes of this walk is faith, which necessarily includes faith in one's fellow human beings. Assholes may abound, but so do good folks, and I'm counting on them. Ultimately, we all count on each other, no?


_
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a few hours early, but: Welcome to Beautiful British Columbia, Kevin! I wish you the very best on this walk.

ttuface said...

Good Luck!

Jelly said...

Hey Kevin,
I could be your alternate mom, over here worrying about bobcats and blizzards and such! Safe journey, my friend! Here's a wish for you:
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.