Thursday, May 29, 2008

sunset

It's 8:41PM as I write this entry in Marine Park, and the sun hasn't set. I know it hasn't set because it's hunkered down near the horizon, looking right at me. "Don't try a staring contest with me, boy," the sun says. "You'll lose."

I'm reminded of my first-ever summer in France, which began with ten days on a farm in Cherbourg, way to the north. We had daylight until at least 10PM, as I recall.

I wonder what the days are like in Scotland. Or Alaska.


_
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

SJHoneywell said...

Kevin--

I had the same experience in Paris--walked up to the Eiffel Tower at about 10pm and it looked like midday. An experience both surreal and beautiful. I'm not much of a sunlover, but I found myself energized by the late night sunshine.

Get at those Unitarian weeds. No one said mendicancy would be easy.

--S