Monday, July 28, 2008

daytime blackout

I don't know what the deal is, but I'm once again in some sort of data dead zone, unable to surf anywhere with the BlackBerry's browser. I'm using email to publish this blind, which ought to be OK: I've managed to send other emails even while the browser's been funky.

An interview I'm hoping to have with Susan Ryan, a staff writer at the Hood River News, has been moved to tomorrow (Tues.), so today's just a day for chillin' out. I'll likely do laundry tomorrow morning, well before the interview.

My Solio charger works, but requires a long time-- about an hour-- to soak up enough sun to provide even a few minutes' charge. I probably need to let it sit in direct sunlight for nearly a whole day if I want it to build up enough power to charge the BlackBerry even halfway.

Planning the day-by-day specifics of the route requires the BlackBerry, but it's charging off a wall socket of the KOA campground's main building and is, as noted, currently useless for surfing. So I'm stuck by the building for the time being. With so much out of my hands right now, I might turn in early again tonight.


_
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

Max said...

I think you're going to soon discover that American cell phone service is really poor in contrast with what you had in Korea.

So, just remember that valleys are bad, and sometimes you might need to walk up a hill to get a good signal.

As for the Solio, that's one cool device that I had to google. Since it has a battery that holds a charge, maybe you could find a safe place to set it up in the daytime and then charge with it at night?