Tuesday, July 8, 2008

not exactly goodbye

Tomorrow morning, I'll be crossing the border into the great state of Oregon, where one of my college friends (who married another of my college friends) is from.

I'll be following, more or less, the Washington/Oregon border, and might find myself occasionally straying back to the Washington side, so this isn't exactly the end of my weeks-long association with Washington, a state I'd highly recommend to anyone not familiar with it. No: I won't truly say goodbye to Washington until I've gone beyond (gate, gate, paragate) its southeastern corner.

What's significant about tomorrow's border crossing is that it marks my turn eastward: from here on, I hope to be making my way more directly for the Atlantic coast. As always, keep those fingers and tentacles crossed. Things are going to get hilly.


_

1 comment:

Max said...

Also significant is that Washington is the first state you've traversed on foot! Congratulations. She'll always be you first. ;) LOL