Thursday, March 19, 2009

crunch

It's that end-of-the-month crunch at BK, so I've been busy. My sleep schedule is completely shot, and BK wasn't too helpful despite my protestations about my eyes. I had asked them to keep the workload at their normal "2-3 documents per day" level, but BK has been shoveling 6-8 documents per day onto me this week. My eyes are getting better (I still wear a borrowed pair of glasses*), but I'd rather give the poor orbs a chance to recuperate. After this week, things might be better.

In fact, there's a chance that I'll have to beg off from any further work with BK once the walk starts up again. Some legs of my journey promise nothing but barrenness-- no place to recharge the cell or the laptop, no place to get a decent cell or WiFi signal. Oy.

I hope to continue with BK, though, both once the walk is done and once I'm back in Korea. They might be a great source of extra income.





*Not to worry. As the eye doctor grudgingly confirmed, my vision is nearly perfect with them: 20/20 in one eye and 20/30 in the other.


_

No comments: