Tuesday, October 20, 2009

quick update

My aunt made it back safely to Conroe, Texas. Meanwhile, Mom decided she didn't want to walk today, so we'll be taking her out to the park tomorrow, after her appointment. She has to go get blood work done, and the day after tomorrow she gets her third infusion of Avastin.

The following week, on the 29th, Mom will go to NCI to get an MRI done; the following day, we'll go as a family to hear the news about whether the Avastin is working. The 30th is a very important day for us: the news might be very good, very bad, or somewhere in between. Ideally, we'd love to hear that Mom's tumors have responded to the Avastin by shrinking, and that there haven't been any new cancerous growths. The worst news would be to hear that the Avastin has done nothing, and that new tumors have formed in the meantime. My gut feeling, at this point, is that Mom's condition hasn't changed much, whether for the better or for the worse.

If the news we get from Dr. Fine turns out to be good, then I'll start looking for work. I may be doing all the cooking at the homestead, but I also do most of the eating, which isn't cheap for people on a fixed income.


No comments: