Tuesday, May 27, 2008

safe in White Rock

Many thanks to my buddy Nathan for picking me up at Vancouver
International Airport and driving me to the Pacific Inn at White Rock,
BC, which sits barely a mile or two away from the Peace Arch that
marks the US/Canada border. Nathan hooked me up with a fine hotel
room. I cross the border into Blaine, Washington tomorrow morning.
More news once I'm on US soil.

I guess it's safe to say that Nathan's car is the last vehicle I'll be
riding in for the next year or two.

I got hassled a bit at passport control in Vancouver. The customs
agent wanted to know why I was spending only a single night in Canada,
so I had to tell him the whole story of my walk, how I know Nathan,
etc. I also had to go through a full "wanding" at National Airport
this morning, apparently because I had brushed the inside of the
security scanner as I walked through it. No alien anal probing,
fortunately.

Now, I'm reconfiguring my baggage, consolidating everything in a
single backpack, and readying myself for my little adventure.


_

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin!

Great to have had you, and good luck with the next stage!

All the best,
Nathan

melancholy donut said...

goood luck! (im not posting these correctly. my last two comments did not go through... hopefully this one will!)

The Goat said...

Enjoy your brief stay in White Rock (beautiful place) and good luck to you! I look forward to reading about your adventures.

Anonymous said...

Note goat

Sean said...

Good luck, if a little late.