Thursday, June 12, 2008

in Monroe and achy but fine

My walk to Monroe went very slowly; my shoes remain wet, which doesn't help the condition of my feet. I keep hoping for a series of warm, dry days, but I might need to pull out of the state of Washington to get them.

I'm at the home of Joshua and Heather, a very nice young couple who live in a fine house right next door to Heather's parents, i.e. Joshua's in-laws. Joshua is a man of many talents, as is his wife. The house is pretty teched-up with several computers, audio, and video systems. Joshua is a dance instructor (he has even auditioned for "So You Think You Can Dance") and composer, among other things.

He and I had an interesting discussion about Christianity and Christian belief that merits another post; for now, I'll note that Joshua is adamantly against belonging to a particular denomination, but he is a very strong Christian who is unafraid of following the logical implications of his beliefs. I like his sincerity, even though he and I are on opposite sides of the fence on most of the issues we discussed.

I'll be leaving this fine neighborhood in the morning; it's too bad I arrived here so late this evening (nearly 9PM!). Thanks, J and H, for your hospitality!


_

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If your shoes remain wet to your next destination, ask and see if your next hosts can wash your walking shoes and run them through the dryer for you (assuming of course they can be machine washed--most sneakers and walking shoes can be machine washed).

Wet shoes can breed bacteria, as well as add extra friction and blisters.