Sunday, September 21, 2008

at long last

I finally-- finally-- found a Q&A site that provided a decent link to a Digital Wave Player download site. I downloaded a ZIP file of DWP, went through the setup procedure, hooked my recorder up to the computer, and voilà-- the computer finally recognized the hardware.

So victory is mine: the rest of the sound files have at long last been downloaded to the laptop. Transcription can finally continue!

Shall we slay the fatted calf?

I say yes... and let's save the fatted thigh for later.


_

2 comments:

Charles said...

Congrats, man. Glad you got it worked out.

Anonymous said...

Again appropos of nothing--but I was wondering if you are aware of the Festival of Faiths in Louisville, Ky? If so, ignore this--if not, you can find out more at http://www.interfaithrelations.org/Home.aspx Either way, it suggest there might be interesting people for you to talk to in Louisville.


Don't know why I'm picking this one out to mention--it's one of several organizations mentioned in "Beyond Tolerance"--but what the heck. It's probably just a way to distract myself from that pile of papers over there. . .