Friday, November 14, 2008

another 11

I walked 11 miles again today. Same route: up to Fort Hunt Park, around the loop, and back home. Took some aspirin at the end to stave off any pain; that seemed to help. The knees ache a bit, but I think that's just part of getting older.

When the weather's as warm as it is, I wonder what I'm doing here in Virginia. It'd be nice to be back on the road; staying home just leaves me itching to travel. But this is a petty concern, not really worth complaining about. Things could be worse.

In other news...

Many thanks to the auction winners; I've sent you all emails.

Renovation's probably going to continue right up until the end of the month. We're a bit hung up about what color scheme to use for the kitchen and dining room. Mom had convened her three sons yesterday to get their opinion, which ended up being countermanded today by the renovators themselves. To me, it feels like a waste of time for Mom to ask our opinion if she's going to be so easily swayed by the renovators, but Mom hasn't exactly had a grand plan going into this renovation. Like George Bush Sr., she lacks "the vision thing." Easier to react than to act, I guess.

I'm supposed to be off with friends tomorrow for most of the day, but I just learned that the memorial service for the person in our congregation who recently passed away is tomorrow at 2PM; will have to change the schedule.


_

No comments: