Thursday, November 13, 2008

walked

I did eleven miles on Tuesday, walking up to Fort Hunt Park, doing the one-mile loop around the park, then walking back home. Took some aspirin once I got home in anticipation of the knee pain I'd experienced on previous walks since coming back to Virginia.

The weather was cold and gray; it started raining not long after I got back. About 1.3 miles away from home, I looked down into a ditch and saw an enormous headless carcass-- a deer, I think. I took a picture of the thing and will put it up once I again have access to the family computer. My friend Chuck in Irrigon needs to take a gander at it; he insulted Virginia's honor by implying that we have tiny deer here, which just ain't so. I wish I could have photographed the fox that had been gnawing on the deer seconds before I took my shot, but it was too skittish and quick.

The house is looking better and better. I've got new pics of the renovation, but as I said, they'll have to wait until after all the sanding and painting has been done. Sit tight.


_

No comments: