Tuesday, December 29, 2009

one by one they go

My brother Sean departed for Virginia this morning to take care of some personal affairs. Later today, our Texan relatives will be taking the bus back to Virginia to be with more of their loved ones. Tomorrow, my brother David will be driving back to Virginia to take care of some personal affairs as well. Sean will return tomorrow; David, in a few days.

So by this evening, it's going to be just Dad and me watching over Mom. My brothers were worried about leaving Mom this way, but they're gambling that her condition won't change significantly for the better or for the worse over the next several days. I'd say it's a good gamble: Mom's in a sort of medical limbo right now. We can never be absolutely sure that her condition will hold, but I suspect she'll remain stable for the next little while.


_

No comments: