Thursday, May 22, 2008

a reminder about anonymous comments

I admit I've been a bit inconsistent in my enforcement of the comments policy, but I need to remind people not to post comments signed "me" or "anonymous." As a rule, I reject such comments, but as I said, I've been inconsistent on this point, so I'm as much to blame for any slackness as my nameless commenters are (consider yourself lucky if you're one of the ones whose comments slipped through). When commenting, you're free to use a screen name of your choosing; the point is to signal your presence consistently. Any number of people can post as "me" or "anonymous."

One exception is my brother David, who has a rather distinct commenting style. You've seen it if you've looked through the comments I've received. Only David may post anonymously. Those who've seen David's comments know he's not really anonymous on my blog: his drugged-out style betrays him.

For a reminder of where I stand re: comments, please read my comments policy. I promise-- really, I do-- to have a link to that policy on my sidebar soon, along with FAQ, YouTube, How Can I Help, and other important links.


_

No comments: