Sunday, June 15, 2008

not enough hours in the day

Even with all the extra time I've had today, I still haven't been able to sit down and complete any of the major projects I'd hoped to tackle:

1. finishing up the Sikh writeup
2. writing about my conversation with the Woods
3. writing about my conversation with Miles
4. writing about my conversation with Joshua
5. transcribing my conversation with Genjo Marinello
6. writing about my conversation with Genjo's Zen group
7. uploading some of the digicam pics I've taken

(Actually, I might do [7] right now.) Nope. Not doing this tonight.

8. eat dinner!

In truth, I probably ate about 3000 calories at lunch. That $7.95 jumbo combo at the Chinese section of the food court(?) we visited for lunch today (Paul had a Hawaiian spam plate) was piled sky-high with carbs. My ultra-large soda wasn't exactly carb-free, either. I really don't need dinner, and to be honest, I'm not hungry. I am nevertheless in the mood for a fat, messy gyro (I passed a Mediterranean place on the way over to Paul's residence). But it's too late, and I have to leave here to meet someone tomorrow morning before moving on southward. Can't go out now. Besides, my feet still feel swollen. Aïe, as the French say.


_

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Up until this point, Kevin's Walk Central has limited the scope of its activities. We have concentrated our efforts on pursuing the goals of this walk that pertain to interreligious dialogue.

But you keep eating like that, and we may have to appoint a committee to oversee the weight reduction goals as well.

Kevin Kim said...

Well, for what it's worth, I generally eat only one meal a day, and never snack at random moments because I carry no food with me-- only water in the Camelbak. Add to that my current walking routine, and that's a major shift from the way I was living in Korea. For the record, my meals on this trip haven't always been as carb-heavy as this one was today. The previous day's meal, for example, was essentially a large salad. Even the wrap sandwich I had with it was stuffed with veggies. (I concede the pudding wasn't healthy, but hell, if I'm losing 20 pounds in two weeks on this routine, I think I probably NEED the extra carbs!


_