Wednesday, June 18, 2008

posting blind

I'm in Auburn, about six miles from Kent, and spending a second day
here. I've been unable to surf the Net or check email since yesterday
afternoon, though I did discover I was able to text my brother David.
I'm not sure what the problem is-- whether it's endemic to this
particular region or a temporary BlackBerry/AT&T data service outage.

I suddenly received a couple emails a few minutes ago, which prompted
me to try surfing the Net. Still no dice on that score, so I can't see
my blog or anything else online, but I've decided to try a
post-by-email update.

Speaking of updates, I can say that my hip sores are deep red but
healing nicely, and that after lancing and treating two of the biggest
blisters on my right foot, I'm limping a whole lot less. I'm hoping
that, by tomorrow morning, I'll be ready to get stilting along on my
trekking poles again.

As I noted yesterday, those poles have been a godsend. They do indeed
make an enormous difference with the pressure on my feet. I look
ridiculous using them, but I can't waste time worrying about how I
look.

I'm doing laundry right now, but will soon go looking for "linner" or
"dunch" at a local joint. I'm hoping to have a real signal once I've
shifted locations a mile or so. If that doesn't work, I'm going to
start typing those catch-up blog entries as email drafts, posting them
over the next few days once I know I've got a proper data link.

Stay tuned.


_

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

No comments: