Thursday, April 24, 2008

gettin' it done

So far today...

1. We got the "transfer pension to US account" problem more or less solved. (Korea veterans know I say "more or less" because, well, this isn't a linear culture and I'm dealing with two bureaucracies: that of my school and that of my bank.)

2. We've sent a package of Thomas Covenant books out to Jeff in Busan (might take a few days, Jeff... I sent the package via regular mail).

3. We've paid for the three extra days' stay in the dorm.

Now we've got to...

1. Visit the National Pension Office (haven't had time the last few days).

2. Get a set of coughillegalcough DVD copies from the local copy center.

3. Have dinner around 7PM with my buddies Tom and JW. Probably at the local Outback in Namyeong.

4. Pack the rest of my crap up. It won't take long, which is why I've allowed it to slide, but it needs doing if I plan to ship everything over to Sperwer on Saturday.

5. Get a new set of contact lenses. Far cheaper and quicker to do here than in the States, where it's ridiculously slow and expensive.

6. Say some goodbyes to people in the neighborhood. My coworkers joked that the Chinese food delivery people will be sad that I'm gone: I gave them a lot of business.

7. Upload all those promised photos and videos.

8. Give the studio a final, thorough scouring.

9. Create more CafePress products so I don't have to rely on donations. As much as I appreciate them and am humbled by them (hard to believe I've already received close to $700! thank you again!), I'd still rather earn my money.

That last item might have to wait until I'm home, actually. I'll have time for image design when I'm back; I understand that my dad has a brand-new scanner, and I know he has a better version of Photoshop Elements than I have (mine is an ancient version 2.0), so we're set once I'm back in northern Virginia.

OK... more later.


_

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Kevin. I know this sounds a little odd, but I'll miss "your presence in Korea"--even though I was in Japan the whole time while reading your blog. I guess it was nice to still have a connection to Korea through you. All the best with your walk, and we will have to keep in touch. Sometime in the future, you must come to "chez moi" for a home-cooked meal someday (maybe that will be in Vancouver?). I promise I will give you something to fart about.

Max