Friday, April 25, 2008

nostalgia: part 3

Here's another series of pics from the winter 2006 intensive term.

The following five pics are from a play my class did that was based on the Korean story called "The Tiger and the Dried Persimmon." The story involves a series of humorous misunderstandings in which a tiger, who has no idea what a dried persimmon is, somehow convinces himself that it must be the most fearsome creature around.











The next group of pictures, below, are from a second skit we performed. The skit was titled "What to Do with a Dead Kevin"; yours truly wrote the script and directed the action. I play myself, as you see, and am accidentally killed at the beginning of the skit. The rest of the story involves the students' attempts as passing me off as alive when a coworker saunters in. I'm puppeteered into gesturing, eating cake, and even talking. Both skits-- Tiger/Persimmon and Dead Kevin-- were a blast to perform.











This last set of pics from that wonderful semester shows me with my Intensive Level 2 class-- faithful attendees to the end.











A really fantastic group. Some of my best memories are from that semester.


_

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whyie noh alt text phor last half of pics

daeguowl said...

An homage to Weekend at Bernies...I like it