Saturday, May 24, 2008

FRIEND ME!

So you're a Facebook addict and you're wondering whether I'm on Facebook. I am, but to be honest, I can't stand Facebook. It's full of useless gadgets that allow you to do meaningless things like "poke" or "bitch slap" or "toss John McCain at" someone. None of these cyber-gestures has any import in reality, and I fail to see the charm of social networking sites. Facebook and its ilk (e.g., MySpace and Korea's CyWorld) are based on the concept of incestuous linkage, and if the word "incestuous" already turns you off, then you know how I feel. There's something vaguely gross about Facebook.

All the same, if you'd like to "friend" me (whatever happened to good old email?), log on to Facebook, then do a search on "kevin kim." When that search turns up over 500 results, scroll to the bottom of the page and narrow your search by typing in this email address:

bighominid [at] gmail [dot] com

That'll take you to me.

After you've "friended" me, why not join one of the groups I created? I made two: (1) Kevin's Walk (whose purpose should be obvious), and (2) Religious Diversity, Interreligious Dialogue, and East/West Philo. Absolutely nothing is happening in either of those groups as of May 24th, but hey-- maybe you'll be the itchy group member who gets things shaking.


_

2 comments:

Britt Elizabeth Verstegen said...

Yo, Kevin! Da' e-mail you listed doesn't exist on Facebook. Any suggestions? Sifting through millions of Kevin Kim's is tiring.

Anonymous said...

Hi Britt, et al,

This might be a better link to Kevin's profile:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=752935324

_Andy (in Japan)