Tuesday, May 6, 2008

one of those strange observations

When I was at church this past Sunday, two people wondered why I was starting in Canada. They seemed unable to process the notion that a walk across America (as in the United States of America, not the more generic North America) might start outside the country. I'm guessing they didn't check their church newsletter from a month or so back, wherein this blog's address was advertised. Had they visited the blog and viewed the FAQ, they'd have seen that this walk is indeed a walk across the United States: I start just across the border in Canada because a Canadian friend of mine invited me there, but once I cross the US/Canada border, I'm heading to the Pacific, touching the water, then striking generally east and south until I hit the Atlantic-- all while within the borders of the mainland United States.

I hope this clears things up. This is in good sooth a walk across America in the sense most people understand it. Consider the short Canadian leg a prelude, if you will; that's how my Canuck buddy views it.


_

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always thought of the Canadian leg as a pre-season game.

daeguowl said...

Like the Prologue to the Tour de France