Wednesday, August 20, 2008

mise à jour

So I visited the clinic today. The visit was brief; the upshot was that, without having an expensive MRI procedure done, the best guess is that something might be going on with a tendon-- possibly a tear, possibly not. The doc wrote me a prescription for ibuprofen, which I'll be able to purchase when I get to Boardman. She also recommended that I continue wearing the knee brace; I heartily agree.

Later in the day, my replacement tent arrived. Unlike my replacement BlackBerry, this Big Agnes tent is spanking new, not a refurbished model. As you saw in the previous picture, I set the tent up, counted the parts, played with the zippers, and checked all seams. Everything seems A-OK. Again, my thanks to Dad and to the intrepid folks at REI. You rock.

I leave Arlington on Friday, and will be walking about 14 or 15 miles to an old Army Corps of Engineers campground at Exit 151. I'll camp there for a night or two, perhaps testing out the water treatment system I've got, before moving on. Here's hoping the knee holds up.


_

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin, did the doctor say anything about wearing a boot? I have one I could ship ya, if you think it would help!

Kevin Kim said...

Thanks, Augusta, but there was no mention of a boot. I'm not sure that more ankle support would necessarily help the knee; the ankle's already strong as it is, and I walk on smooth asphalt all the time, so I don't often worry about uneven ground.

Thanks for your concern!


Kevin