Monday, August 18, 2008

wouldn't you know it

The wind's still blowing this morning, but we did have about a two-hour lull that started a little after midnight. Unable to sleep, I left my tent around 3:30AM to head for the restroom (this is "dry" camping, whatever that means, not primitive camping; we've got restrooms). As I passed the lovely patch of ground on which I'd originally pitched my tent, I had a sudden thought, and checked for nighttime sprinkler action.

Nothing. Not a sound.

I went over to the grass and ran my fingers through a length of it, thinking the sprinklers might already have turned off.

Nothing. No moisture.

Son of a bitch.


_

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess that "dry camping" means you don't have a readily available water source on site. Does that sound right?

Kevin Kim said...

C,

That sounds plausible, if by "water source" we're talking about potable water.


K