Saturday, September 20, 2008

Anastasia on a pale horse

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T



I was out in front of the library, talking with Mechelle on the phone, when I saw something I hadn't seen since I first came to this campus: someone was sitting on Styx the Deathly Horse! I told Mechelle I was sorely tempted to take a picture of this scene, but was experiencing some internal conflict. After I hung up, I made up my mind to walk over, and that's how I made the acquaintance of Anastasia (I hope I'm spelling that right). I explained what I was doing in Walla Walla and asked her permission to take a picture of her; I also told her the pic would end up on my blog. Despite the fact that she was being approached by a very large stranger with a very odd request, Anastasia was completely composed, and gave her permission.

Et voilà.

If Anastasia is reading this (I gave her the blog's address), she should know that I am now going to inform the world that she is on the campus spirituality ListServe, and despite getting the announcements, she failed to show up at this past Tuesday's Spirituali-Tea.

Too busy communing with undead equines, I gather. For shame!

In all seriousness, it was a pleasure to make Anastasia's acquaintance. She told me that she likes reading while on the horse, from which I gather that she does this often. Curse my powers of observation; this was, as I said, my first time seeing anyone on Styx. I'd climb up there myself, but I'd be sure to crush the poor beast, bronze though he may be.


_

No comments: