Thursday, November 6, 2008

in case you're curious...

The Kevin's Wares blog is changing almost minute-by-minute as I add the brush art I'm hoping to sell. While the three sets of books are being sold on a no-frills, "first come, first served" basis, the brush art is being auctioned off in silent auction style.

Comments are hidden for all the Kevin's Wares posts; bidders will be able to see the current highest bid so that they know whether to bid higher or to cede the prize to another. I plan to update assiduously, but I can't guarantee that I'll always be around to make the updates. A man has to sleep, eat, poop, and travel, after all. This means there may be times when a bidder leaves a bid that turns out to be lower than the curent highest bid. It may be prudent, therefore, for bidders to guess when bidding: "The current highest bid is lasted as $10. Is that really the highest bid? I was thinking of bidding $12, but maybe it'd be better to up that to $15."

I've decided to keep comments hidden at that blog (I'm doing this by enabling comment moderation) because potential buyers might feel uncomfortable about leaving their contact information out in an open comment thread. You can read all about How It Works by visiting the blog's inaugural post which is, of course, at the very bottom. Hope to see you visiting! I've slapped a Site Meter on that blog, so I'll know whether anyone's snopping around, looking for possible Christmas gifts.


_

1 comment:

jeanie oliver said...

Kevin,
you are quite the enterprising entrepreneur! I have your book and will suggest it as an excellent Christmas gift
Jeanie