Monday, January 19, 2009

conscious change

Having let myself go in terms of exercise and sleep habits, I'm now making a conscious effort to ready myself for my departure in late March/early April. I asked Dad to wake me up at 7AM, and he did so. I've got a ton of proofing work to do today, but I probably won't work beyond 5PM, which will be a nice change.

[NB: Scratch that. I just got a private proofing request from a Sookmyung connection. Any money I get from that source is going into my Korean account. I can't immediately access my Korean account, but that cash will be waiting for me when I get back to Korea.]

Once my laptop arrives in the next few days, I'm going to begin long walks into Old Town Alexandria, which is about a 10-mile walk away if I go by my usual bike trail route. My hope is to walk into town, work there a few hours, then walk back home. There's a coffee shop called Misha's that might allow me to sit at their premises for several hours. If not, I'll have to find some other place to work. Wish me luck.


_

No comments: