Wednesday, September 10, 2008

housekeeping update

Check out the blog's sidebar: I've created direct links to the YouTube videos I had added the other day, so you can now zap over to each video without having to visit my YouTube channel's main page. If you prefer a bird's-eye view of my videos, you can always hit my YouTube main page by clicking the "On YouTube" link under my unshaven image on the sidebar.

I also used the "help" function to try to figure out what to do about my screen resolution, and that's how I learned about the "advanced" setup. Unfortunately, even after I did a "show all modes" command and saw what screen settings are possible, I discovered that I would have to choose between having (1) low resolution with thousands of colors or (2) high resolution with only 256 colors. This is nuts. I know that 2002-era computers already had a "millions of colors" option available to them-- my ancient Mac (1999-era) has such a setting! I'm beginning to wonder whether I need to buy the appropriate system software for this thing, just so I can have the best of both worlds: high resolution and millions of colors (unless the monitor itself can't run all those colors).

I've still got about 90 minutes before I leave here; I'll spend the rest of my time loading vids, photos, and audio onto the laptop's hard drive. Adios.


_

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kev,

Those YouTube vids of the walk are really cool. Though short, they add a a dimension of reality to what you are undertaking that we can't get by just reading.

Keep em' coming!