Wednesday, September 10, 2008

tomorrow's meet-up

Tomorrow (Thursday), I'll be meeting up with Pastor Darold Bigger of Walla Walla University. His writeup is here.

As I still haven't mastered the public transportation system in Walla Walla, I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning and arriving-- I hope-- way ahead of schedule, not only to give myself time to find Pastor Bigger's office, but also to give my knee's screams a chance to subside, on the assumption that I'll still end up doing a good bit of walking. WWU lies outside of Walla Walla proper; you'll recall that I passed the entrance road on my way into town on August 31st.

One thing I hope to take away from tomorrow's encounter, which includes a visit to a Rotary International meeting (read about the Rotarians here), is a better understanding of the Seventh Day Adventist Church and where they stand on interreligious issues. I predict that SDAers probably aren't monolithic in their approach to other religions or to the question of religious diversity in general. I'll be curious to discover more.


_

1 comment:

Becky said...

Kevin -

There's a bus system that costs something like 25 cents one way that goes between downtown Walla Walla and various outlying places. College Place has several stops along College Avenue, and it could take you to right in front of the administration building, where Darrold's office is. It's called Valley transit, and their website is this:

http://www.valleytransit.com/

Hope you can work that out so you don't have to walk. Looking forward to hearing how your meeting goes. Darrold is a great guy! You'll learn a lot.