Tuesday, September 9, 2008

wish me luck

Today, a different member of the housekeeping staff knocked on my door. Instead of the usual nice lady, it was an equally nice guy named Josh. I told him a bit about my ongoing trans-American story ("So you're the guy!"), then mentioned that I was thinking about getting a cheap laptop, and asked where I might shop for one in town.

"There's one on sale right now at the local pawn shop for about $275," Josh said. "I'm off work around 2:30 or so; I could give you a ride there."

Incredible. Simple as that.

I'm about to call the pawn shop to find out more (sometimes you should look a gift horse in the mouth), but if the laptop does all the basic stuff I want it to do, I'm grabbing it today. The result for you, Dear Reader, will be transcripts galore, as well as new photos and CafePress products.


_

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the laptop, hope it works out.

I thought you might find this interesting:

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200303/rauch

Anonymous said...

Yew can negotiate.

Yew can compute.