Sunday, September 7, 2008

bikers and subs

Chuck and Lori roared into Walla Walla today; I met them at the motel lobby and we wandered from place to place, looking for an open restaurant. Both Sweet Basil Pizzeria and the teriyaki-jip were closed, so we ended up at that old faithful, Subway, on Main Street. One of the sandwich-makers lit up when he saw Chuck and Lori in their biker gear; he'd just seen some sort of History Channel documentary about bikers, and was delighted to have two them in his shop.

After we'd massacred our sandwiches, we adjourned to my hotel room, hung out, and talked a bit. Chuck and Lori were planning to visit some friends in town, so after an all-too-brief time, we said our goodbyes and they roared off.

I'm watching "Live Free or Die Hard" right now; I'd hoped to hit the public library today, but it's closed. Tomorrow, perhaps.


_

1 comment:

desertchick said...

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for making time for us today. It was nice to see you as always.

We enjoyed our lunch walk-about, and the conversation afterward. It made our day more adventurous.

The reaction we got from the sandwich-maker in Subway is one we encounter often. People come up to us all the time and just start chattering away.
The sandwich guy was pretty stoked having "real life bikers" in his store wasn't he? lol

We did end up going to visit our biker friends. As it ends up, they were both miserably ill with some bronchial type of flu.

Our visit with you certainly wasn't as long as we would have liked, however we just made it home in time for me to prepare some supper for our group tonight. I ended up making a killer vegetable-beef stew. I served it with potato rolls, and we pigged out on peach cobbler and ice-cream afterward.

We're sorry you are having to take so much time out of your walk to let your knee heal, but to side on the edge of selfishness, it's nice to be able to pop over and see you now and again. We, I'm sure like everyone else, will greatly miss you when you move on.

Hope your evening has been as nice as our day was.

I'm off to check out your videos. I loved the french one you shared with us today.lol It was great!

TTYS my friend, Lori