Thursday, September 11, 2008

new additions to the YouTube family

Check out the sidebar for five new videos: three in French, one in Korean, one in English. The Korean's pretty horrible; the French came out OK except for one major prepositional error (travailler bon marché is how it's generally said, not travailler POUR bon marché), and the English was, astonishingly enough, picture perfect.

I still haven't uploaded the biggest video of them all, though God knows I've tried. I might have to upload it from Mechelle's house, assuming I get a stable WiFi connection there. That, or I might just download Picasa 3 (recommended by a commenter) and use the software to reduce the file size of the video, then try again tomorrow from the 'brary.

The problem at this library is that I have to re-sign in every 30 minutes, which is OK for most of what I do, but a real pain for uploading large YouTube files, which upload about as quickly as molasses in January thanks to the narrow pipeline of the WiFi connection. An interruption in the data flow translates to a "server error" message and a stoppage of the upload.

Anyway, that's not your concern. If I have to, I'll even stoop so low as to visit a Starbuck's (also listed as a WiFi hot spot in Walla Walla) in order to complete this upload. It'll happen. Meanwhile, enjoy the new YouTube clips. That pretty much catches me up on videos.

_

No comments: