Friday, September 18, 2009

feels good to sleep in

Woke up late today. Felt good to do that. Waking up shortly after dawn is no picnic when you're not a morning person, and I've had to do that three times in recent days. I used to wake up at 6 or 6:30 every weekday morning in Korea, back when I was teaching at my mother's university: classes started at 7:40AM, so I had little choice. Like the other teachers, I also had to supply the pep and verve that would get those early morning classes in gear: the students tended not to be morning people, either.

One of Mom's friends is coming over today sometime between 2PM and 3PM, I think. Gotta prep lunch for the family and get myself ready. That latter step isn't hard: I'm a guy, so I don't concern myself with makeup, and I've shaved my head, so there are no styling issues.

The day awaits. En avant!


_

No comments: