Sunday, September 14, 2008

sad news

The lady at the convenience store is married. I met her husband (also Korean) this morning when I walked over to Whitman campus. We talked about my trans-American walk. He said he thought he'd seen me in the news somewhere-- something about a walker who'd lost a lot of weight-- but I doubted that the piece was about me: I've appeared in only two news articles, both in local, county-wide papers (see sidebar: "The Walk in the News"). Fame eludes me. I think I'm going to have to kill and eat somebody before this walk is over if I really want news coverage. At that point, though, it'll be Kevin's Flight, not Kevin's Walk. Can a white Bronco be far behind?

If I do end up running from the police, who will be man enough to chase me down?

Only one person.

(Ha ha-- you thought I was going to link to Bear Grylls, didn't you!)


_

No comments: