Monday, September 15, 2008

whew... halfway there

I spent my brother David's birthday typing and typing and typing some more, and I'm almost halfway through the Brother Luke dialogue-- about 38 or 39 minutes into it. I ought to have the transcript done by Monday evening; it'll be up and linked to on the blog's sidebar in time for my Tuesday talk at the campus Spirituali-Tea. If I don't finish it by tomorrow night, I'll certainly finish it by Tuesday morning, which still gives me plenty of time to prepare mentally for the Spirituali-Tea. Not that I'll need much prep: I'm looking forward to the chance to meet new folks, and since the session will be largely Q&A in format (I doubt I'll be asked to lecture), listeners won't have to remain listeners: they can actively participate in what I hope will be a fruitful and spirited discussion.

I also hope the talk will lead to more such talks among those who are truly interested in the topics with which this walk is concerned. And hey, if the students have advice on where to hike next and how to earn some extra dough in town, that'll be gravy.

Poor David. I'm sorry I didn't call you. Will call tomorrow.

UPDATE: For those who were following the shenanigans, SiteMeter's attempt at implementing its Version 2.0 was a massive failure. The SiteMeter geeks tried activating it this morning, ruining everyone's day, and the complaints were so loud, furious, and voluminous that they sheepishly changed back to the previous version, which had nothing wrong with it. The main complaint was that the new SiteMeter no longer allowed open stats; everyone had to sign in. Another complaint was that, once your old information was "transferred" to the new version of SiteMeter, you weren't able to log on through the new interface. I experienced the same problem. So when I saw the "we're putting the old version back" message, I had a good chuckle. The people have spoken!


_

No comments: